Thursday, January 21, 2010

Creamy Alfredo Sauce


My current life of cooking has so many firsts. Sometimes I'll be in the kitchen and realize it is my first time making something that I have eaten my whole life. You definitely take it for granted that people (your parents, chefs) can create something you recognize and enjoy over and over again. Sometimes you don't really think about how the things around you exist...

Annyyywayyy, seeing as I'm a huge pasta buff, I thought some creamy alfredo sauce would add some good diversity to my Italian dishes. I wasn't really sure how to make it, and was shocked at how incredibly easy it is! I suppose it is just the calories that keeps people from making this more often. Either way, if you need something fast -- go for it.

Ingredients:
1 cup of heavy cream
1 cup of high quality shredded parmesan cheese
1/4 cup of butter
Black pepper

extra: I like to add diced tomatoes to mine. I do this because a) I always love it when restaurants do that b) it adds some more vitamins and c) it gives it a little color and some more texture.


In a pan melt butter and add in a cup of heavy cream, mixing continuously. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes. Then add in the cheese and keep mixing, it will start getting thick quickly. Toss in some pepper... voila! I added my diced tomatoes a few minutes before eating and I actually added my already cooked spaghetti (from 2 nights before) into the sauce and kept mixing.

Dan sauted some zucchini slices in oil and added these as well. Quick, yummy dinner! Very filling... don't let your eyes get too big.

1 comment:

  1. I have found that the best food is quite simple, with good fresh ingredients. You've always enjoyed this meal, it looks delicious. Again, love the idea of adding the tomotoes and zucchini. Manga

    ReplyDelete