Friday, January 29, 2010

Chocolate Chip Muffins


The best, most perfect chocolate chip muffins. This is my Mom's recipe. She would make these for me in high school and would almost always bring them when she came to visit me at college. So, to me, they are the ultimate comfort food. I used a similar recipe for the apple walnut muffins I made in 2009; I think these measurements make the perfect muffin.


Ingredients
3/4 cup of milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg

1/3 cup sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp or less of salt

1 cup more or less of semi-sweet chocolate chips

mix the milk, oil and egg together. Then mix the dry ingredients. Combine both mixtures just until everything is moist. Then add in your chocolate chips (or anything else you want to use)
It should remain clumpy. cook for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Trust me, they won't stay untouched until morning. Eating usually commences once they are cool enough to not burn your mouth.

3 comments: