Thursday, January 7, 2010

Ave's Salmon Loaf, Sweet Potatoes, and Couscous with Craisins



My mom and dad had this dish last night. I think the sweet potatoes look especially delicious! This is what the chef has to say...

"I made the salmon loaf from a basic salmon loaf recipe. I use canned pink salmon because its cheaper then red salmon. Most recipes call for two cans but I cut the whole recipe in half because it was just Dad and I. The sweet potatoes were awesome. I washed one sweet potato (leave skin on), and cut it in slices. To the slices I added some olive oil, salt and pepper. I put these on a cookie sheet with parchment paper (foil is fine too) and sprinkled a little brown sugar on top of all the slices. I baked them at 450 for 15 minutes turning the slices over half way through. The potato should be soft to a fork when done and the skin was a bit crispy. Wow!!! My friend Sue gave me this idea. Sweet potato is loaded with nutrition. The couscous was just whole wheat cousous cooked according to the recipe on box (only takes 5 minutes) then I added a little olive oil and craisins and fluffed it up."

No comments:

Post a Comment