Sunday, May 23, 2010

Summertime BowTie Pasta


This was light and yummy. A good summertime (no pun intended) dish. In the future (tomorrow night leftovers) I will add even more to it.

First I cooked some tricolore bow ties. You can obviously use the plain kind or get a box of just one type (like spinach), but I like the three colors, especially since there is not too much to this recipe.

While the pasta was cooking, in a wok we sauteed a sausage (leftover), chopped yellow pepper and small diced tomatoes. Once the pasta is cooked we tossed it into the wok with these ingredients and mixed it with some olive oil, some parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Keeping in mind we got into the boursin cheese while we were cooking, this was definitely filling enough. We had some leftover so we are going to finish it tomorrow night. I'm going to buy some feta cheese to serve with it... and I was thinking of even adding some nuts (almonds probably) and some pineapple.. just to get creative. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment