Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hot Vodka Penne with Ham and Veggies

We made this two nights ago when we were especially starved. We had ham leftover from the panini so I came up with this little concoction. It was really, really yummy and filling. Definitely a winner. We had it last night too - just as good.

First I turned on the heat for the pasta water. On a frying pan I sauteed some peppers, onions and the chopped ham in olive oil.
After about five minutes I added vodka sauce from the jar, fresh spinach leaves, and two hot cherry pepper slices (we have a bunch  leftover from the arrabbiata last week!). I just kept stirring that on low heat while I cooked my penne. It thickens the longer you go (that's what she said). Add together and sprinkle on some cheese... so good! There is just that light bit of heat from the pepper, flavorful green pepper and ham, and that creamy goodness from the vodka sauce. This is one you will cook again!

No comments:

Post a Comment