Sunday, May 16, 2010

Baked Chicken, Rice, Asparagus and Almonds Recipe

(pictures below)

This was a fun one. First, I got my wild rice in a pot with some water and oil (use box directions) and got that cooking while I worked with the skillet. Just keep an eye on the rice/stir every few minutes so it doesn't burn when it's done... not that I have ever done that... ;-)

In a skillet, saute some chopped asparagus and almonds in olive oil. I sprinkled on salt, pepper and some Parmesan cheese onto my asparagus.

Remove these just before the almonds get too dark. Place them in the bottom of a glass casserole dish. Rinse some boneless chicken breast and sprinkle with oil, thyme, salt and pepper. Preheat the oven at 400 degrees. I sauteed the chicken on the same skillet just until the outsides were beginning to brown. The inside will not be cooked through. Probably about 5 minutes is good. At this point the rice will be done.

Pour the rice on top of the asparagus and almonds. On top of this you can choose to put a few scoops of condensed cream of chicken soup. I only used about 1/3 of a Campbell's can and it was plenty. Place your not fully cooked chicken on top. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and more cheese.

Cook in the oven about 20 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment