Sunday, May 9, 2010

Steak and Asparagus

Well, I have been going to the gym a lot so I feel great, but I also know I am a bit of a bread/pasta and hence carb fanatic (meaning I eat them a lot, not that I count them - hah!). So this meal made me feel like a lean, mean, fighting machine. My mom told what she does with the asparagus... and it was delicious! Sometimes I can be a reluctant vegetable eater but this was so good.

Dan manned the steak. He drizzled on olive oil, and then added sea salt, pepper, garlic pepper and thyme. Probably a lot healthier for us than steak sauce. He cooked it on the grill. The asparagus was my project. First I washed them and then I snapped off the ends. I just bend each one so it naturally breaks. I learned it from a cooking show. They said it was better than cutting it because you naturally remove the woody part of the stalk. Makes sense to me! I leave the top on because I figure it's just as healthy. I'm not really sure why some people cut it off. Then I put these into a bowl and I add olive oil, salt, pepper, parmesan cheese, and bread crumbs. I just mix it all together with my hands. Then I lay them out on parchment paper on top of a cookie sheet and bake them at about 400-450 for about 15 minutes. They were so delicious. I sprinkled some more cheese on just before they went in the oven. yumm

No comments:

Post a Comment