Sunday, June 6, 2010

Baked Salmon and Tabouli

As you can tell, I have not been doing much cooking lately. I think it has been a combination of extreme heat in NYC and laziness. I will be remedying it this week! However, my mom has been keeping on top of her A-game and she sent me this recipe!





We had a great dinner tonight of baked salmon and quinoa corn salad, also known as tabouli.  I baked the salmon at 450 for 15 minutes( put a little maple syrup on it first).  I will enclose the salad recipe.  It's one of the best foods one can eat.  
 
 
                                     Tabouli
 
Dressing:  3 TBS fresh lemon juice (juice of 1 lemon)
                2 TBS olive oil
                2 TBS fresh parsley (chopped)
                2 stalks scallions (chopped)
                1 tsp. minced garlic (I used a couple of cloves)
                1 tsp. cumin
 
Also:         1/4 cup quinoa (this is a whole grain)  mine came rinsed but if the type you
                 buy is not pre-washed you must wash it to get rid of bitter coating (saponin)
                 1/2 cup chicken or veg. broth
                  1 can black beans rinsed and drained
                  1 tomato diced
                  1 cup frozen corn
 
1:  Cook quinoa in broth about 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed( after it comes to a boil reduce to simmer and cover as you would rice)
2:  While grain cooks, mix dressing ingredients in a large bowl
3:  Add drained and rinsed beans, tomato, and corn
4:  Cool grain to room temp ( I threw mine in refrig. for a bit), then mix with other ingredients, chill until ready to eat 
     As with most salads of this type it is better if made a few hours ahead of time, although I made mine just 1 hour ahead and it was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment