Wednesday, April 28, 2010

French Toast - Easy

Can I quit my job and just cook and photograph food? Something to consider. Not that I don't love most of my 87 students, 'cause they are funny.

I think we have been in a breakfast mood lately. I made french toast for the first time tonight. It was easy! And yummy! I used good whole wheat bread.

I made 5 pieces using these measurements.

In a bowl mix three eggs (can just do egg whites if you're watching your cholesterol), a dash of cinnamon, a splash of vanilla extract and a pribble of milk. Ok, a pribble is a made up word, but I realized dash and splash weren't quite exact measurements. So.. I guess about a 1/2 cup of milk? Don't add sugar because if you use syrup that is your sugar.

Soak your bread on both sides for just about 5 seconds (so it doesn't get soggy) and cook on a skillet over a medium flame. Keep an eye on it, and presto~ You're done before you realize it.

Sprinkle a little confectioner's sugar on it and drizzle with some syrup. Blueberries or strawberries are great on top.

3 comments: