Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Prosciutto, Pepper and Zucchini Penne with Feta Cheese

I concocted this tonight and it was quite yummy. These numbers are for 2 with leftovers for the next night.

Ingredients:
4 servings of penne pasta (or any other pasta you want to use up)
1 yellow pepper
1 zucchini
A slice of onion
cut prosciutto (I bought the kind in the package, pre-cut like for pizza topping). About a cup or 2
1 can of diced tomatoes
several tbsps of heavy cream
1/3 cup of parmesean cheese
crumbled feta
dashes of crushed red pepper and pepper

First, I got the pasta water on the heat. Then, in a big skillet I added pieces of cut prosciutto with a little oil and then added in the chopped vegetables and tomatoes. After letting this saute for a few minutes, I added the cream, the parmesean, and the red pepper and black pepper. Once I could I got my penne cooking and simmered my sauce until it was ready. I served it with the crumbled feta. We also had peaches on the side, yum! Nice meal for almost 90 degree weather.. in April!

1 comment:

  1. More recipes! Get your little butt back in that kitchen. <3

    ReplyDelete