Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Rice and Beans Chicken Stir Fry


Wow... it has been a long time. I apologize and will work hard to make sure another hiatus like this does not occur. I have a couple older recipes to put up and there will be a big Thanksgiving extravaganza. Fortunately, I will have a real camera for that one and for Christmas I should have a new camera so this blog will get hoppin'!

This is a dish we made about a week ago and it was sooo yummy. I took a chance on buying a rice and got Zataran's red beans and rice. Um, hello, I didn't know this was such good rice. That little jazz man from the commercials was right. If you haven't tried it grab a box, I think you'll be surprised.

Anyway, Dan cooked up some chicken breast in the wok with just a little dash of spices (salt, pepper, parsley). While the rice simmered he finished up the chicken and then we cooked up some zucchini, onions, carrots and green peppers after with some oil. Toss on a plate and eat! The end! Obviously this is similar to our other chicken stir fry, but every little variation makes a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment