Saturday, November 7, 2009

Cinnamon Apple Walnut Muffins



I loovvee muffins. My favorite has always been chocolate chip. However, I decided to tinker around and try something new. My new favorite pancake has become Cinnamon Apple Walnut this past year, so I figured it would be just as delicious in a muffin, right? Right.

This is easy and a yummy breakfast or desert. I cook this with a big tin for 6 muffins, or you could do the same with a different type of tin, just adjust the time.

Ingredients
Mix together the following in a bowl:
-3/4 cup milk
-1/2 cup veggie oil
-1 egg

Mix these in another bowl:
-2 cups flour
-1/3 cup sugar
-3 tsp. baking powder
-Dash of salt

Then you can add the mixtures together.

Chop up some walnuts, maybe a ½ cup, into small pieces and peel and chop 1 apple into small pieces as well. We made them about ½ inch squares. Mix the walnuts and apple pieces in a bowl with cinnamon and add to the batter. Butter the muffin tins and then add the batter. I sprinkled some brown sugar on top before sticking it in the oven. Cook for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees. It is ssoooo yummy!

1 comment:

  1. These look like they would go great with my morning coffee. Will you make them for your mama when you come home for Thanksgiving?

    ReplyDelete