Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Danny's Tuna Sandwich - Basil, Cheese and Raisins


I call it Danny's tuna sandwich because he had this a lot growing up. Sometimes either I get home really late at night from grad school or we are just being bums. Either way, we loovvee our tuna. He has turned this into an art. Dan does a little extra for his sandwich specifically which I will share with you.

After eating this you will never be able to eat a plain tuna sandwich again.

1. Chop up fresh celery and red or purple onion
2. Mix the squeezed tuna (not oil based--eeww) with the veggies and then add a spoonful of mayo. Dan is pretty generous but it's up to you.
3. Toast wheat bread.
4. I like mine just like this, but Dan adds pieces of basil, a slice of American cheese, and golden raisins.

We ALWAYS eat it with a pickle (Vlasic Zesty is the only real pickle in my opinion) and some cheese puffs.

So easy, so good.

Some more in depth recipes coming your way.

1 comment: