Monday, October 4, 2010

Green and Kidney Bean Pasta "Salad"


I threw this together the other weekend when Steph and Alan came - I just have been soooo busy that I hadn't posted. I found the recipe in Real Simple and basically followed it to a T - so not a Summer original.

I made this actually during that little heat wave, so it was kind of appropriate because it had a light "summer" (ahh thank yah, thank yah very much) feel to it.

It is a quick dish so do this when you are crunched for time.

Total time: 20 minutes. Serves 2
0
Cook 4 ounces of penne. (Oppure, penne rigate per i chef italiani come me)
Add about a cup of halved green beans during the last 3 minutes or so of cooking. Drain. If you want this dish served cold, rinse with cold water. Otherwise set aside. Toss the pasta and green beans with 1 cup of rinsed kidney beans and chopped parsley (about 1/4 cup), grated Parm cheese (say 2 tbsp), 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix and eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment