Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Caprese Salad


Italian meets French - like me and Lauren! So last night Dan and I opted for a lighter, more euro friendly type meal. The sort of meal you could throw together while watching Glee and Biggest Loser (a night of indulgence? ridiculous).

The caprese salad was so good. I rinsed and sliced some ripe tomatoes. Then I sliced up some fresh mozzarella we bought at Stinky Brooklyn. I arranged these on a plate with some fresh basil I picked and also a little arugula we had leftover. I drizzled it with some EVOO and buon appetito or bon appetite.

We also bought some Pico, which is a soft goat cheese, and had it with some Salchichon sausage and fresh bread. It was like I was a misplaced wanna-be Roman on vacation in Paris all over again.


3 comments:

  1. we are the best of both worlds!!!!!!! hahaha

    any hearty soup or stew recipes you can share? it's getting nippy up north.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Healthy and fresh!!! Will make it for sure. I want to check out Stinky Brooklyn when I visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stinky Brooklyn is so goood!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete