Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Lazy Spinach and Artichoke Dip



Yum. This is a great dish to have while watching a game or match (US Open anyone?) or to bring to a party.

I made such an easy version you can microwave it instead of baking it, who needs to know the difference? If you do want to bake it, heat the oven to about 350 degrees and bake for about 30 minutes. Sprinkle cheese on top first.

Ingredients
-1 package of frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry. If you do things last minute like me you can always nuke it too.
-8oz or a little less of softened cream cheese. I prefer a little less just because I don't really want too much cream cheese flavor.
-1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese. I used a mexican cheese mix, you can also use cheddar, etc.
-1 can of artichoke hearts drained and chopped
-2 cloves of minced garlic
-sprinkle some parmesan in, I used maybe 1/2 a cup.

Mix together and microwave for 2 minutes and mix it, then microwave a little more so it is hot throughout.  I mixed it several times.

Other recipes call for some mayonnaise, sour cream and/or water chestnuts. Totally up to you. If you want it more moist then I would add some mayo or sour cream.

I served mine in a bowl. If you want to bake it you can use a casserole dish. It goes great with tostito chips or pita bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment