Monday, October 4, 2010

Candied Pecans






I made these tonight. wow. I went to a wedding labor day weekend and in the salad were candied pecans. Anyone who knows me knows I'm not a huggee salad fan. I can choke it down to be polite, but I have never in my life craved a salad. Or even wanted a salad. However, these pecans at Darby's wedding helped disguise, for me, the more ominous beings on my plate - like lettuce.

It is so easy too - I am definitely going to be making these around the holidays.

Steps
-Preheat the oven to 275/300. Have a cookie sheet ready with parchment paper on it.
-Beat one egg white in a bowl until it is stiff. If you don't know what that means you should look it up. It will take a few minutes.
-Add about 1/2 cup of brown sugar
-add about 1 tbsp of cinnamon
-add a dash of vanilla extract.
-mix together

-Add regular pecans to this mixture. (When I made it I only had one bag which is about 1 1/2 cups of pecans. Ideally you would want more like 3 bags since I definitely had a lot of "candy" on my "candied pecans." I think it would definitely be better with a smaller ratio between the mixture and the pecans. You can see from the pictures that I could have used more pecans.)

-Deposit on parchment paper and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or more if necessary. Enjoy! Great gift idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment