Thursday, January 6, 2011

Chicken Panini

Delish. A hot panini is up there on my list of comfort foods with soup on a cold night, homemade Mac & Cheese, and a spoonful of nutella. Hence Dan's occasional nickname for me - 'Ella.

This meal was Easy Peasy... Lemon Squeezy.

We shredded up some left over chicken from last night. We still  have some leftover too if you can believe it.

In a small skillet I sauteed up a red bell pepper in olive oil. If you try to avoid extra dishes like me you can just break up the pepper with your hands. Then on pieces of wheat I layered sliced fresh mozzarella, baby arugula, a drizzle of EVOO, the shredded chicken, and the red pepper. I lightly buttered the grill and got this hunk of burnin' love cooking. Really good.  It was one of those meals where we barely said anything to each other because we were all-consumed by what was going on in our mouths. Enjoy! I have a panino italiano with sopressata earlier in the blog and a tuna melt if you are in a grill/George Foreman kind of mood.



No comments:

Post a Comment