Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Breaded Tilapia and Brussel Sprouts

Normally this probably wouldn't tempt me as the most desirable meal in the world, I mean, good and healthy and all but not like... I must eat you now craving (like everything Italian...). But, after a week of gorging at home and in great Quincy/Boston restaurants (Fat Cat, The Fours, and Hot Pot Buffet) I felt like I was rolling home off the subway.

We cooked up these beauts before returning to work and let me tell you, it is a great detox meal. The tilapia is a nice, light, inexpensive fish and the brussel sprouts have been tempting me for awhile after eating a delicious gnocchi dish with them at Flatbush Farm. We steamed the sprouts with a little salt for about 10 minutes and Dan breaded the tilapia using some milk followed by bread crumbs. We fried those bad boy fillets up and were eating in no time. If your belt is feeling a little tight after the holiday try this. We had a little wheat bread toast on the side. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment