Sunday, February 21, 2010

Veggie and Almond Shells




After a week of travel where I ate at more McDonald's and Steak & Shakes than I do in any one year combined... I need to eat light and healthy for a few days. This meal fits the bill. My dad may claim that the Black Angus Burger from McDonald's contains solid nutritional value...but I don't know if I can stomach that. Literally. Tonight Dan the man and I had this light meal and it was yummy and I don't feel like I'm still eating it a few hours later.



I made this with some leftover shells that needed to get out of my cupboard.

While cooking the shells, saute chopped peppers, carrots and onions and any other vegetables you want to get rid of in some olive oil. Add 2 gloves of chopped garlic and some almonds. Once the shells are cooked and drained, toss them together with everything in your saute pan and add some Parmesan cheese. Pepper and salt to taste and eat. yum.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great guys. I know what you mean about eating well once we get home. I made a salmon meal last night, nothing like fresh, light, home cooked food. Tomorrow I'm making a recipe with pasta and kale. Will try to remember to take a picture

    ReplyDelete