Monday, November 29, 2010

Breakfast Burrito

While this dish may appear in some restaurants/diners, I have never ordered it.

The last time I had one of these was in the eighth grade. We made these in Home Ec... excuse me, "Family and Consumer Science."

I remember being horrified that I was going to have to try it, I took a bite.. and I liked it! However, the act of making one of these in a group setting at the age of 13 was probably so traumatizing that I haven't dared face my past.

We made these the other night (I'm behind blogging a few recipes). If you know me at all then you know "the other night" could mean anything from last night to close to a year ago. I'm not telling.

Anyway, I feel like I am ranting and that might be because Dan and I have been having some of Adam's organic vino. Led Zeppelin isn't helping either.

To make the breakfast burrito you will need the following ingredients!

1) flour tortillas (this is actually why I made them - we had Mexican the night before and I am trying to expand my food dollar)
2) eggs
3) bacon
4) green pepper
5) onion
6) cheese (mozzarella or a combination of cheeses)
7) a dash of hot sauce (my mom recommended this)

For the first time ever I microwaved the bacon. I wanted to see how it worked and I also was trying to avoid more dishes to wash. It's pretty easy. You just lay a few strips on a paper towel, cover them with more paper towel, and nuke it until it's crispy. Do this a few times, keep changing the paper towel, and you should have close to 12 strips. I only use Boar's Head because I think Oscar Meyer is nasty, greasy.

Will negotiating the bacon, chop up some peppers and onion and saute in a frying pan. Scramble some eggs.

Combine together with the cheese, a dash of hot sauce, etc in the flour tortilla and enjoy! It's quite good. Excellent for when you want something really really filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment