Sunday, August 15, 2010

Banana Bread


So I froze two bananas the other day because Dan and I were going home for a week. I figured I could make banana bread with it when we came back. This was my first time making it and to be honest I wasn't sure if I even liked banana bread-I just knew Dan did. So I used my mom's recipe and... it was delicious! I was nervous when I was scooping out the mushy banana (really, I almost yacked it seemed so gross) but I have been scarfing it down all weekend. This stuff is delicious.

Ingredients
-1/2 cup of butter (softened at room temp)
-1/2 cup of honey
-2 eggs
-2 cups of flour
-1 tsp baking soda
-1/4 tsp salt
-2 or 3 large ripe bananas
-1 cup of chopped walnuts

Cream the butter and add honey and beaten eggs. Add dry ingredients alternately with mashed bananas to the butter mixture. Add nuts.

Bake 60 minutes at 350 degrees in a loaf pan that has been sprayed with pam or buttered. (if using small loaf pans like I did you might cook it for less time) Check for doneness with a toothpick. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment