Sunday, December 6, 2009

Nutella and Walnut Pastry Square


This is ridiculously easy. I saw my Mom do it when I was home for Thanksgiving Break so I threw it together Friday night. It's really good. You can trust me on that because, like October's pizza, I forgot to take a picture until after I started eating it.

Ingredients:
1 Pastry Puff sheet (most packages come with 2)
a little flour
1 egg
1 jar of nutella
walnuts

Thaw the puff pastry and roll it out with a pin so there aren't any cracks. You'll probably need some flour to keep it from sticking. Using a knife, lightly cut about 1 inch from the edge. Do this all the way around. This makes the crust. You don't have to cut all the way through, just enough so you can see it. Preheat the oven and beat an egg. With a pastry brush paint the egg-wash along the crust: this makes that nice golden color. Let it puff up in the oven (maybe 15 mins). Remove it and while it's still hot spread nutella on the top. You might want to place a few globs of nutella on it and let the chocolate heat up before spreading it. This will make it easier to spread. Otherwise you might pull up the flakey top. Then sprinkle some crushed walnuts on top and put back in the oven for a few minutes before eating it.

After digging in it's just as good refrigerated.

1 comment:

  1. This is too delicious, it was Summer that introduced me to Nutella, I'm hooked.

    ReplyDelete